Sunday, April 24, 2011

Twitter

Yeah, so Uncle Ben hasn't blogged in like 5 years. Yup. He has been locked up in Terdoo's mind, while Terdoo (poor cat) has been locked up in Prison. Aka Covenant University. Any hoo, the good thing about this prison is that there is wifi. So as bad as it is, we get to tweet. Total bliss for a twitter freak like Ted. So there was this day we were sitting around in his room getting high and listening to Bob Marley's "Redemption Song" when Terdoo started one of his philosophical bullshit. And since twitter only allows you 140 characters, he chose my home, my haven, my internet space to vent. Of course I allowed him. The last couple times I tried to reason with him didn't end so well. So, this is his crap. As usual.

"Twitter.

One word. One world. It's amazing how many connections and relationships have been made, broken, mended, amended, jeopardized, sterilized, etc in this "Project" a group of guys embarked on. 

It's also amazing how many people are on it and how many new people join everyday. With the new era of Smart-phones (most of which are operated by rather dim witted people) every body is either on twitter, or about to join because of the fear of being regarded as a member of the cast of the movie "The gods must be crazy". 

But what has to be the most amazing thing about this virtual world (emphasis...major emphasis on the word "Virtual") is how serious people take twitter. It's amazing. Yes, twitter is jokes, witty sayings, funny and sarcastic responses and generally what is happening around you (a privilege abused by many transvestite beings). But recently, twitter has become a forum for "children" who have decided to convert it to a bowl where they wash their undoubtedly dirty linen in virtual public. 

I digress. And this here is my reason for uploading this post. I just want to say that this site with 140 characters, the DM, a few followers and followees, the "@" symbol, a handle and one lousy picture is NOT real life. This statement cannot be overstressed. 

And please stop Twitfights. That shit is seriously immature. Wouldn't it be easier to resolve your differences (if you really have any) in real life or over the phone. Cos trust me, it costs less. No one involved in a twitfight can ever command respect from a neutral bystander. 

Quote me. 

Oh, and the argument of who has more followers? Seriously? (no...seriously!!?) C,mon men! What's next? You'll include that in kpanshing prices? People who are bothered about how many followers they have should be referred to when the question of "How much diapers cost?" is brought up. Go figure. 

I think I have made my point. This topic has been over-blogged about, and it really doesn't need me to stress it more. Just remember that twitter is not real. It never was, it never will be. Grow up and have fun."

And I, Ben Franklin, happen to totally agree with him. Just this once. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment